While “enjoying” a recent New England heatwave, I was inspired to create another cool and tasty family dinner that I call “Tater ‘Ritos.”
I had enjoyed a couple of potato burritos at Taco Bell a while back, and remembering them got me thinking. I knew I had a couple of cans of diced potatoes on hand, and a quick check of the fridge and cupboard provided all the ingredients I needed for a family dinner:
- 2 Cans diced potatoes (bonus = they’re already cooked, peeled and diced)
- Celery (diced)
- Sunflower seeds
- Green onions (I used scissors to cut them up)
- Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- One bag of real bacon pieces
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- One bag of shredded lettuce
- 8 Medium-sized tortilla wraps
- Rinse and drain diced potatoes in a colander
- Combine potatoes, celery, sunflower seeds, green onions, cheese, bacon pieces and olive oil mayo in a large bowl
- Place some shredded lettuce in the center of a wrap
- Spoon the potato mixture on top of the lettuce. I opted to add a healthy dose of dill to my wrap
- Fold and enjoy
Next time – oh yes, there will be a next time – I may add a couple of hardboiled diced eggs…or I’ll use diced chicken instead of bacon pieces…tri-colored tortilla strips would add more crunch…maybe I’ll swap dill for Italian seasoning. Oh, the possibilities!
Do you have a favorite potato-centric dish you enjoy making for a cool dinner?
Drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you.