We eat chicken…a lot…so I’m always trying to come up with new ways to make it.
I picked up some half-price Grade A boneless skinless chicken breasts at Shop Rite recently, and I was inspired to create Kathy’s Easy Peasy Chicken, which has now become a family favorite.
Here’s the ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mayonnaise (I used Hellmans Avocado Mayo)
- Bread crumbs (I used regular bread crumbs; next time, I’ll try Panko)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking dish (I used Corningware) with aluminum foil
- I cut chicken breasts into quarters (I like the way they bake at that size) – if you don’t cut them, adjust the baking time to allow for the larger pieces of chicken to cook thoroughly
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan (depends on how much of a coating you want) in a bowl
- Scoop mayo into a separate bowl
- Dredge one chicken piece in mayo to coat it and then dredge it in the bread crumb/Parmesan mixture
- Place it on the foil in my baking dish
- Continue to coat each chicken piece individually and place them in the baking dish
- Once all the chicken is coated, bake the dish for 35 minutes (oven times may vary; adjust baking time if you leave the breasts whole)
The chicken came out so moist and delicious, everyone gave it a thumbs up and I was asked to make it again. Naturally, my mind started racing. I think next time I’ll top a cool, crisp salad with sliced chicken-quarter pieces for a perfect hot summer dinner. And the time after that, I’ll fill wraps with a mixture of shredded lettuce, diced red seedless grapes, diced celery, sunflower seeds, diced chicken-quarter pieces and mayo.
Do you have a favorite chicken recipe your family enjoys?
Drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you.