While there’s only one way to crack an egg, I’ve been inspired to find as many ways as I can to refresh an old family favorite, Cottage Pie. You might say we’re Cottage Pie crazy.
My latest creative impulse produced another winner.
– 10 ounces of frozen mixed vegetables
– 2 cans of Campbell’s Condensed Soup Cheddar Cheese (I used two of the Healthy Request variety – 10 ¾ ounces each – which each have 2% total fat and no trans fat)
– 1 pound of lean ground turkey (I used 90% lean)
– Italian Seasoning to taste
– grated Parmesan cheese to taste
– 1 bag of diced potatoes
– finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Brown the ground turkey (or ground beef or chicken, though I’ve never made Cottage Pie with ground chicken) and drain the grease.
Place the contents of the bag of diced potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and microwave to defrost.
Combine the frozen mixed vegetables, 2 cans of Cheddar cheese soup, Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese and a cup of defrosted diced potatoes in a 3-quart oven-safe dish.
Mix in the browned ground turkey. Top with the remaining diced potatoes, and liberally sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake for 35-45 minutes. My oven has always baked a little quicker, so my Cottage Pie takes 35 minutes.
What dish are you and your family crazy for?
Drop me a line and share your thoughts. I’d love to hear from you.